Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Chuckanut Century is Sunday, September 20, 2015
Chuckanut Century 2015 is on Sunday, September 20, 2015. Registration is open now!
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.
Summer is still here - though signs of Fall are creeping in!
The September 2015 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
September is always Transition Month. Due to days getting shorter and schedules changing, many weekly rides are changing format or ending for the season. Check with ride leaders to make sure you have the correct schedule.
- THE CHUCKANUT CENTURY is on September 20th. Get ready for another great ride! See ChuckanutCentury.org - We can still use volunteers! Contact Doug: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Anacortes invites you to its second annual Open Streets Event on Sunday September 13th from 11am to 3pm. Old Town Anacortes will be closed to cars so citizens can bike, walk, roller skate, and socialize to enjoy the downtown. This family event includes retro bike display, rides, music, health and exercise demos, minor bike repairs, and lots more. Downtown restaurants and shops will be open as usual!
- End-of-Summer Member's Potluck/Cookout on September 27th. See details on p. 1 of September newsletter.
- Annual statewide Bike-Ped Count will be Sept 29, Sept 30, and October 1 this year. See details on p. 2 of September newsletter.
- Cascade Cross begins a shortened season with Woolley Cross on September 26th. Why a shortened season this year? See Ryan's comments on p. 4 of September newsletter.
- Wednesday night Cyclocross practices begin Sept 2 and go through November. 6pm, Lake Padden ballfields. $5/practice or $30 season pass. Dave Neubeck: email@example.com.
- City Parks Trail-Work-Parties City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in the following months.
- Support Sterling Bike Works; Details on the Sterling Bike Works website.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally WAS In Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The Tandem Diversity Northwest Tandem Rally was presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. 814 people on 419 bikes came to town; tandems took over the town on the July 4th weekend. For more information about the rally, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
[8/30/2015] September 2015 Newsletter is up. Newsletter Page
[9/20/2015] Chuckanut Century is Sunday, September 20th.