Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Spring is here!
The April 2015 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- April 18 MBBC club ride: Skagit Valley Loop. Meet 8:30am at Sehome Starbucks to carpool to downtown Mt Vernon. We'll ride a 30-mile loop to La Conner and Fir Island along the dyke road. See details on page 1 of April MBBC newsletter.
- April 7 The Tuesday Evening Summer Ride begins its ninth year on April 7th. "Ramp Up" to speed and learn how to safely ride in groups. Meet Tuesdays at 5:45 in the WCC northeast parking lot. We'll split into medium and faster groups for a 15-20 mile relatively flat northern county ride.
- Tulip Pedal - La Conner, April 18. Part of the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival -- tulipfestival.org
- April 19 - Daffodil Classic, Orting WA. twbc.org
- Thursday night ride continues through spring - it's now on the road! 5:30 pm Thursdays meet at Fairhaven Bicycle.
- Bike to Work and School Day 2015 is now being put on by individual groups who will run the celebration stations. The MBBC's celebration station is looking for volunteers to staff the station as well as to bake some treats and contribute some little prizes for riders. See Pam Fonda's article on page 4 of the April newsletter.
- Trail building parties sponsored by the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in the following months.
- Support Sterling Bike Works; Details on the Sterling Bike Works website.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The Tandem Diversity Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. Registration is open! For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
Chuckanut Century is Sunday, September 20, 2015
Chuckanut Century 2015 is on Sunday, September 20, 2015. Registration is open now!
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.