Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Hot/Dry Summer! Stay Hydrated and Sunscreen'd!
The July 2015 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- The Tandem Diversity Northwest Tandem Rally is happening! Proceeds from this 5-day bike festival will benefit the Mt Baker Bike Club and the nonprofits we support. Watch for visiting Tandems all over town over July 4th weekend and welcome them to Bellingham!
There are over 800 people signed up representing 28 states and 3 Canadian provinces!
- See the parade of tandems starting their ride together on July 4th, 8am through downtown on Holly Street!
- Vendor Expo at the Best Western Lakeway Inn is open to the public on July 4th from noon to 6pm. Come meet the tandem riders!
- MBBC Club Ride over the North Cascades is happening July 17-18. See newsletter article for details (page 5 of July newsletter) and contact Hilary before July 8 to add your reservation.
- Tour de Whatcom is July 18th.
- Fanatik Women's Rides are in full swing for the summer. See Fanatik's Events page.
- City Parks Trail-Work-Parties City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in the following months.
- Every Thursday at 6pm - Thursday Night "Going Up the County" ride, Everson/Nooksack. See details on the MBBC Rides Page.
- Every Sunday at 9am - "The Long Slog" ride starts for 2015. See details on the MBBC Rides Page
- Support Sterling Bike Works; Details on the Sterling Bike Works website.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally In Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The Tandem Diversity Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. There are over 800 people registered; tandems will take over the town on the July 4th weekend. For more information about the rally, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
Chuckanut Century is Sunday, September 20, 2015
Chuckanut Century 2015 is on Sunday, September 20, 2015. Registration is open now!
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.