Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Presidents' Day Ride
The annual MBBC President’s Day ride starts at Cornwall Park at 10am; Monday February 16th. We will meet by the shelters near the Meridian entrance at 10am, with the ride leaving at 10:15am. If it’s a nice day we will ride to Lynden and back. If the weather is not so nice, we will do a round trip to Ferndale. Mileage will be 25 or 50 miles, depending on the route. Pace will be moderate to brisk, and snow, ice, or a torrential downpour will cancel. We'll have lunch (barbecue) at Dickey's at the turnaround point in either Ferndale or Lynden, so bring some cash for food! Ride Leader for 2015 is Scott Dorough.
Wintery bike events coming up in February/March!
The February 2015 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- The 4th annual Love Your Ride winter celebration to benefit Sterling Bike Works will be held at Aslan Brewing Company, 1330 N Forest St, on Thursday, February 12 at 8:30 pm.
- MBBC Presidents' Day Ride, 10am February 16, meet at the Meridian entrance to Cornwall Park, ride heading north. See information above.
- MBBC is sponsoring a WMBC Trail Day on Saturday, February 21. Get ready to get muddy fixing up the trails on Galbraith. Details in February 2015 newsletter, page 3.
- Cascade Bike Club's Chilly Hilly is Sunday, February 22. February chilly weather and 2675 feet of climbing on Bainbridge Island. MBBC carpools will be forming to get down to the start early on Sunday morning.
- Trail building parties sponsored by the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in the following months.
- Don't turn into a slug overwinter. Sign up for indoor training classes with Cycle Moles at Fairhaven Fitness/Bellingham Tennis. Next set of classes begin first week in March; get ready for Ski to Sea.
- Support Sterling Bike Works; Details on the Sterling Bike Works website.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The Tandem Diversity Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
Chuckanut Century is Sunday, September 20, 2015
Chuckanut Century 2015 is on Sunday, September 20, 2015.
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.