Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Club Challenge-Yourself Ride: Bill's Hills - August 9, 2015
Ride the Hills with Bill! Beginning in 2010, a group of intrepid
morons early-season riders tested how well their overwinter legs did by challenging themselves with this ride.
This is a challenging ride with lots of hills in and around Bellingham. There are 3 loops, each covering 30 - 40 miles with 3000 to 4000 feet of elevation gain per loop. On-road support and rest stops (staffed by MBBC members) along the way!
The ride is usually in June, but in 2015 we're holding it on August 9th due to some schedule conflicts earlier in summer.
It begins at Marine Park, near 6th and Harris in Fairhaven. Meet at 6:45 am, Sunday August 9th. We'll sign in and take a group photo and be on the road by 7am.
This ride is the MBBC's way of inviting new people to join the club - by jumping into the deep end! Join or update (renew) your club membership and come on out for a day of camaraderie and sore legs! Thanks to Bill McCourt for architecting the pain.
Hot/Dry Summer! Stay Hydrated and Sunscreen'd!
The August 2015 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- Bill's Hills coming up August 9th. Meet at 6:45am, Marine Park in Fairhaven! For MBBC members - renew your membership or join the club at the start! See information above.
- Pickford Bike-In Rooftop movie August 14 (featuring Gigantic Bike Festival movie series).
- Woods2Woods "Giant Redwood Classic" ride to all Whatcom County Woods Coffeeshops is on August 30th, starting at 9am. Turn in your completed/stamped passport before 6pm for prize drawing!
- Fanatik Women's Rides are in full swing for the summer. See Fanatik's Events page.
- City Parks Trail-Work-Parties City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in the following months.
- Every Thursday at 6pm - Thursday Night "Going Up the County" ride, Everson/Nooksack. See details on the MBBC Rides Page.
- Every Sunday at 9am - "The Long Slog" ride starts for 2015. See details on the MBBC Rides Page
- Support Sterling Bike Works; Details on the Sterling Bike Works website.
- and more!
Chuckanut Century is Sunday, September 20, 2015
Chuckanut Century 2015 is on Sunday, September 20, 2015. Registration is open now!
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.
Northwest Tandem Rally WAS In Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The Tandem Diversity Northwest Tandem Rally was presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. 814 people on 419 bikes came to town; tandems took over the town on the July 4th weekend. For more information about the rally, please visit the NWTR/2015 website. If you attended or volunteered at the rally, please take the online survey.