Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Bellingham Bike-In August 15
August 15 - Bellingham Bike-In, sponsored in part by the MBBC
The Pickford Film Center presents the annual Bike-In Movie featuring Breaking Away (1979) on August 15, 2014. Join us for an evening of Food, Fun, and Film on the 5th story of the Downtown Bellingham Parkade at 1300 Commercial Street. There will be Live Music, Local Beer sponsored by Boundary Bay, food vendors, and more. Play Lab will be on site providing fun interactive art projects for kids, including bike decorating! Don’t miss the Bells and Whistles Bicycle Show hosted by Sterling Bike Works.
Schedule of Events:
- 7:00 pm – Gates open! Beer garden, Food and Vendors all open. Bells & Whistles Bike Show registration begins.
- 7:30 pm – Live Music
- 8:00 pm - Bells & Whistles registration closes, judging begins
- 8:30 pm - Bells & Whistles winner announced
- DUSK – Breaking Away screening begins
For more information, see the Pickford's Rooftop Cinema web page.
The 2014 Chuckanut Century is Sunday, September 14 2014!
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. Save money and guarantee a tech T-shirt by signing up before September 1, 2014. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.
Summer Fun Continues in August!
The August 2014 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- Bellingham Bike-In, August 15. See information at the top of this webpage and on the Pickford's Rooftop Cinema web page.
- everybodyBike's Summer Rides Series for 2014 continues, every other Sunday. Bellingham rides August 10th and the grand finale on August 24: the Woods-to-Woods coffee classic.
- Tour de Lavender on the Olympic Peninsula - August 2-3.
- Inaugural Ride to fight Friedreich's Ataxia - August 3 in Seattle.
- Trail building parties sponsored by the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in August and the following months.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The 29th Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
[7/30/2014] August 2014 Newsletter is up. Newsletter Page
[9/1/2014] Sign up for Chuckanut Century before 9/1 for discount and shirt.
[8/15/2014] Bellingham Bike-In
[6/4/2014] MBBC "No-Name" Lynden ride - Monday and Friday evenings - see Rides Page
[9/17/2013] Chuckanut Century Photos on Hovde Productions.