Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
May is Bike Month!
The May 2015 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- Every Thursday - Thursday Night "Going Up the County" ride starts for 2015. See details on the MBBC Rides Page.
- Every Sunday - "The Long Slog" ride starts for 2015. See details on the MBBC Rides Page
- May 9 - Skagit Spring Classic, ride around Skagit County and up Chuckanut into parts of Whatcom County. Homemade Cookies at rest stops! SkagitSpringClassic.org.
- May 15 is Bike To Work & School Day!! The MBBC will have our own Celebration Station - come by our table at Sunnyland School, near the corner of James and Illinois, from 6:30am to 10am on Friday, May 15. Lots more stations listed here!
- May 2 - Procession of the Species Parade - line up at 3:30 pm BPotS.org.
- May 16 - Adaptive Cycles Expo at Civic Fields - 11am - 2pm
- May 14 - Bike Travelogue Slide Show and Stories by Glen Alexander. Fairhaven Library, 7-8 pm.
- Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition (WMBC) Trail Days. Many opportunities to help.
- City Parks Trail-Work-Parties City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in the following months.
- Support Sterling Bike Works; Details on the Sterling Bike Works website.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The Tandem Diversity Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. Registration is open! For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
Chuckanut Century is Sunday, September 20, 2015
Chuckanut Century 2015 is on Sunday, September 20, 2015. Registration is open now!
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.