Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Fall bike events coming up in October!
The October/November 2014 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- MBBC Halloween Costume Ride and Pub-Hop - Wednesday October 29, weather permitting. During regular Wednesday ride time. 5:45 meet at Depot Market. Trail bike/lights. Make sure your costume won't obscure your vision or bike operation during the ride! Details on p. 1 of October newsletter.
- Boneshaker Bike Fest & Metric Century -- La Conner, Saturday October 25.
- Cascade Cross Series has announced cyclocross race dates for this fall/winter. Don't miss the Bellingham BMX course on October 4, again in the mud on October 25, and two dates coming up in November: Cross Border Clash on the 1st, then Thanks Given'er on the 22nd.
- Wednesday evening Cyclocross practices through Thanksgiving. See p. 7 of the September 2014 newsletter for details and contact information.
- Trail building parties sponsored by the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in October and the following months.
- Don't turn into a slug overwinter. Sign up for indoor training classes with Cycle Moles at Fairhaven Fitness/Bellingham Tennis.
- Come to Sterling Bike Works' Used Bike Sale, October 4. Adult bikes on sale, rain or shine, at 558 Sterling Drive. Details on the Sterling Bike Works website. 10am - no early birds!
- WMBC presents Take a Kid Mountain Biking, October 4 at Lake Padden. Skills course and guided group rides, certified coaches. Details on the WMBC poster.
- WMBC also presents its 4th Annual Shoot the Trails Awards - Oct 11, 7pm Depot Market Square. The event sold out last year - get your tickets early! Details on the WMBC website.
- Fifth annual Bellingham Tweed Ride, October 19, 3pm Maritime Heritage Park. Dress up in your best tweed for an old fashioned cruise around town. Details: contact Josh Parrish.
- Manastash Metric Century & Half - Ellensburg - October 4.
- Kettle Mettle - Penticton - October 4.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The 29th Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
The 2014 Chuckanut Century was Sunday, September 14 - it was a great day!
Thanks for riding the 2014 Chuckanut Century on September 14, 2014. We had perfect weather and many tired yet happy riders enjoying their post-ride beer or burger in the Boundary Bay beer garden.
See the 2014 Chuckanut Century Photos - north route - on Hovde Productions.
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.