Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
The 2014 Chuckanut Century was Sunday, September 14 - it was a great day!
Thanks for riding the 2014 Chuckanut Century on September 14, 2014. We had perfect weather and many tired yet happy riders enjoying their post-ride beer or burger in the Boundary Bay beer garden.
See the 2014 Chuckanut Century Photos - north route - on Hovde Productions.
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.
Fall Riding coming up in September!
The September 2014 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- It's Transition Month. Some summer rides will be ending for the season, others will change times or formats. See some details on the Rides page.
- Cascade Cross Series has announced cyclocross race dates for this fall/winter.
- Wednesday evening Cyclocross practices begin September 3rd. See p. 7 of the September newsletter for details and contact information.
- MS 150 beginning in Mt Vernon - September 6-7.
- High Pass Challenge - September 7 in Packwood.
- Tour de Whidbey - September 20
- Kitsap Color Classic - September 21
- Trail building parties sponsored by the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in September and the following months.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The 29th Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.