Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Lighted Neighborhoods Ride - Wednesday December 17, 2014
It's time for the annual Festive and Fun Lighted Night Ride to spread some cheer together via two wheels, listen to Holiday tunes and see some great decorative yard lights. Get your lights on, decorate yourself and/or your bike and be jolly with MBBC! This year's ride is December 17, starting at 6pm at the regular Wednesday Night Ride starting place: Depot Market parking lot across the street from Boundary Bay Brewery/Bistro.
New Year's Day Ride - January 1, 2015
Pedal in the new year. Meet at 10 am at Fairhaven Park on Thursday, January 1, 2015! The group will depart before 10:30 am for The Old Edison Inn where owners John and Lynn will be expecting us, rain or... less rain. We can leave our bicycles in the beer garden and enjoy the warmth and dry inside.
Nobody will be left behind on this group ride. We pedal only 13.8 miles along Chuckanut Drive (assuming it is mudslide free)! Return the same way or via Colony Road and Lake Samish, or even Bow Hill Road and Old Highway 99.
Each year this ride attracts more and more participants, regardless of weather. Start your new year off right! The ride is coordinated by Mark Wheatley. MarkWheatley at msn.com with questions.
Wintery bike events coming up in December/January!
The December 2014 -- January 2015 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- MBBC Lighted Neighborhoods Ride on December 17th (see announcement above).
- MBBC New Year's Day Ride - 10am January 1st, leave from Fairhaven Park, down Chuckanut to the Old Edison Inn. Details on p. 1 of the latest newsletter.
- Stinky Spoke Poker Ride, Woodinville -- January 17, 2015
- MBBC's Annual Members Reception - January 25, 5-8pm at Jeckyl & Hyde on Orchard Street. Renew your membership, bring stuff and get stuff at gear and clothing swap, enjoy pizza and beer (first beer ticket comes with your 2015 membership card).
- Cascade Cross Series has races coming up in December and January. Zombie Cross on Deember 13, Bandit Cross on January 10, and then the season-end Alley Race followed by party on January 24.
- Trail building parties sponsored by the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in the following months.
- Don't turn into a slug overwinter. Sign up for indoor training classes with Cycle Moles at Fairhaven Fitness/Bellingham Tennis. Robin has just announced an 11-week Monday night spinning class starting December 1st.
- Support Sterling Bike Works; Details on the Sterling Bike Works website.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The 29th Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
The 2014 Chuckanut Century was Sunday, September 14 - it was a great day!
Thanks for riding the 2014 Chuckanut Century on September 14, 2014. We had perfect weather and many tired yet happy riders enjoying their post-ride beer or burger in the Boundary Bay beer garden.
See the 2014 Chuckanut Century Photos - north route - on Hovde Productions.
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.