Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
May Events - Spring is here and so is National Bike Month!
Check the May 2013 Newsletter for details - lots of Bike Month activities in Whatcom County.
- Get in on the volunteer opportunities for Bike Month in May by attending final planning meeting May 2 for Bike to Work and School Day; Call 671-2453 or go to everybodyBike.com for details.
- Take the City of Bellingham's Master Plan Development Online Survey - survey closes May 12th.
- New Thursday Group Ride starting May 2, "Going Up the County" - convenient for Everson, Nooksack, Deming and other county residents. But Bellinghamsters feel free to join in! Details on Rides Page.
- Skagit Spring Classic: Saturday, May 11th... hoping the sunny weather stays with us!
- Camano Climb: Saturday, May 4... guaranteed to be sunny and temperatures in the 70's!
- Seven Hills of Kirkland:
- Ladies' Night at Kulshan Cycles - Thursday, May 16th, 5-8pm.
- Procession of the Species Parade: May 4, start 3:30 behind the library.
- everybodyBIKE presents Belle on Wheels at the Farmers Market, May 11th, 10:30 am.
- Adaptive Cycles Expo, May 18th , 11am-2pm at Civic Fields track.
- Trail building parties sponsored by WhIMPs and the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help in May and throughout the spring.
- AND let's not forget: Bike to Work and School Day on Friday, May 17th. Celebration stations open 6:30 to 9am. Tricycle races at noon. Afterparty at the Chuckanut Brewery at 5pm. Get out and ride!
- ... and more!
In Memorium: Michael Gene Ratayczak
The MBBC is devastated to report that our beloved friend, club member, ride leader, and all-around great guy Mike Ratayczak passed away on March 15, 2013. We offer our condolences to his wife Sherry, his son Neaven who carries on his
cycling talents, and his many many friends.
The 2013 Chuckanut Century is Sunday, September 15 2013!
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.