Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Lighted Neighborhoods Ride - December 14, 2015
We like to have some sort of Festive and Fun Lighted Night Ride to spread some cheer together via two wheels, listen to Holiday tunes and see some great decorative yard lights. Get your lights on, decorate yourself and/or your bike and be jolly with MBBC! This year we'll ride on Monday evening, December 14, 2015 starting at 6pm at Depot Market parking lot across the street from Boundary Bay Brewery/Bistro. Gather at 5:45 pm, aim to leave at 6pm for casual ride through local neighborhoods. We'll have dinner together after the ride, approx 7:30. Patti Mullin is collecting RSVP for number of dinner guests at local restaurant in town. email@example.com
New Year's Day Ride - January 1, 2016
Pedal in the new year. Meet at 10 am at Fairhaven Park on Friday, January 1, 2016! The group will depart before 10:30 am for The Old Edison Inn where owners John and Lynn will be expecting us, rain or... less rain. We can leave our bicycles in the beer garden and enjoy the warmth inside.
Nobody will be left behind on this group ride. We pedal only 13.8 miles along Chuckanut Drive (assuming it is mudslide free)! Return the same way or via Colony Road and Lake Samish, or even Bow Hill Road and Old Highway 99. In 2016, we'll have support (Jim in the minivan!)
Each year this ride attracts a large number of participants, regardless of weather. Start your new year off right! The ride is coordinated by Mark Wheatley. MarkWheatley at msn.com with questions.
Winter is moving in - here's how to enjoy it on your bike!
The December 2015 / January 2016 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- Lighted Neighborhoods Ride: Monday, December 14, 2015. (see announcement above) Evening casual ride to view holiday lights in Bellingham neighborhoods. Decorate/light-up your bike, depart at 6pm from Depot Market parking lot on Railroad. Dinner after the ride for everyone (whether you ride or not). For information or to RSVP for dinner: Patti Mullin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Year's Day Ride: January 1, 2016. (see announcement above) Meet 10am at Fairhaven Park for a 13.5 mile ride down Chuckanut Drive for lunch at the Old Edison Inn. Information: email@example.com
- Annual MBBC Member's Reception: Sunday evening January 17, 2016, 5-8pm at Jeckyl & Hyde Restaurant and Deli on Orchard Street. Renew your membership for 2016, enjoy food and drink with other members and hear the club's plans for 2016.
- Call for MBBC Ride Photos; Michael Richard, new club member and designer at MPR Innovative Design, is working on an update to the MBBC website and would like some recent high-quality ride photos from the area. Contact Michael and send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cycle Moles Winter Camps begin on November 30 and December 1st. Special deals for MBBC members - see details on Sponsors Page.
- Cascade Cross series continues, December 5 & 6, January 9.
- City Parks Trail-Work-Parties City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in the following months.
- Support Sterling Bike Works; Details on the Sterling Bike Works website.
- and more!
Chuckanut Century 2015 was September 20th! Thank you for riding with us.
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held every year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.