Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Annual Club Members' Reception - January 25, 2015
The annual MBBC Members Meeting/Reception/Party will be held from 5-8pm, Sunday evening January 25th at the Jeckyl & Hyde restaurant at 709 Orchard Place - corner of Orchard Drive, off Meridian. Join us for food, beverages, and to meet other club members and potential members and members of our bike shops and other local bike community advocates.
The Members' Reception activities include:
- Membership renewal - MBBC memberships are calendar based -- January to January -- so renewals are due now. Many have already renewed and your new 2015 membership card will be waiting for you at the reception. If you haven't renewed, do so at the reception and get your new membership card!
- Your first drink of the evening is complimentary with your new membership card - so renew if you need to, then pick up your card and your drink ticket!
- Bike Gear and Clothing Swap - as we did last year, we'll set aside a table for people to bring extra components, bottle cages, saddles, jerseys, and other miscellanea that you're not using but that others might be able to use. If you pick up some great gear, leave a donation and it will be contributed to our current initiative - the Bus-to-Bike-Shelters project with WTA and Sustainable Connections.
- Any bike swap gear that is not taken will be donated to Sterling Bike Works.
- Plans for 2015 - Hear some good stuff from Hilary and other guest speakers as you get excited for the 2015 riding year!
Wintery bike events coming up in December/January!
The December 2014 -- January 2015 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- Stinky Spoke Poker Ride, Woodinville -- January 17, 2015
- MBBC's Annual Members Reception - January 25, 5-8pm at Jeckyl & Hyde on Orchard near Meridian. Renew your membership, bring stuff and get stuff at gear and clothing swap, enjoy pizza and beer (first beer ticket comes with your 2015 membership card).
- The 4th annual Love Your Ride winter celebration to benefit Sterling Bike Works will be held at Aslan Brewing Company, 1330 N Forest St, on Thursday, February 12 beginning at 8:30 pm.
- Cascade Cross Series has races coming up in December and January. Zombie Cross on Deember 13, Bandit Cross on January 10, and then the season-end Alley Race followed by party on January 24.
- Trail building parties sponsored by the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI in the following months.
- Don't turn into a slug overwinter. Sign up for indoor training classes with Cycle Moles at Fairhaven Fitness/Bellingham Tennis.
- Support Sterling Bike Works; Details on the Sterling Bike Works website.
- and more!
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The 29th Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
The 2014 Chuckanut Century was Sunday, September 14 - it was a great day!
Thanks for riding the 2014 Chuckanut Century on September 14, 2014. We had perfect weather and many tired yet happy riders enjoying their post-ride beer or burger in the Boundary Bay beer garden.
See the 2014 Chuckanut Century Photos - north route - on Hovde Productions.
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day each year. MBBC members always get a discount!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.