Welcome to the Mount Baker Bicycle Club!
We are a club of bicycle enthusiasts: roadies, racers, commuters, cruisers, tandemers, recreational riders, mountain bikers, cyclocrossers, recumbent-riders, fitness lovers, advocates... We are located in Bellingham, Whatcom County, Washington - in the northwestern corner of the state. Come ride with us!
Spring is Here!
... and let's hope it sticks around!
The April 2014 MBBC Newsletter is available on the Newsletters page.
- Tuesday evening summer ride begins for 2014 on APRIL 8th. New starting location is in the WCC northeast parking lot, just north of the soccer fields. See newsletters p. 2.
- Nooksack/Everson/Deming "Up the County" ride begins Thursday evening April 3rd. See newsletter p. 1 and 2.
- Play-in-the-Snow Day (not bicycling; not an official club function) on April 12, see newsletter page 7.
- Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition: Winter Trail Days schedule is out. Next up: 4 April trail days: the 4, 5, 13, 27.
- We will be carpooling down to the start of the Camano Climb on May 3rd.
- Trail building parties sponsored by the City of Bellingham Parks Department. Many opportunities to help.
- Bike Maintenance Classes at REI throughout April and the following spring and summer months.
- and more!
The 2014 Chuckanut Century will be Sunday, September 14 2014!
The Chuckanut Century is the club's signature ride.
This ride has several options; choose from well-supported routes of 25, 38, 50, 62, 100 and 124 miles, with classic sights including Birch Bay and Chuckanut Drive!
The ride is held the second Sunday after Labor Day, and the 2013 ride was on a foggy, yet dry and warm, day. We hope you'll be back for CC 2014!
See details on our Chuckanut Century website.
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The 29th Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.