Current club events are listed each month on p. 2, 3, & 8 of the newsletter calendar. See pages 4-5 of the February newsletter for a master-schedule of events coming up each year.
The Chuckanut Century is the 2nd Sunday after Labor Day
The Chuckanut Century Bicycle Ride is presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club as our signature ride. For more information, including directions, maps, and entry form, please visit our Chuckanut Century Website.
Northwest Tandem Rally will be in Bellingham, July 2-6 2015
The 29th Northwest Tandem Rally event will be presented by the Mount Baker Bicycle Club on July 2-6, 2015. For more information, please visit the NWTR/2015 website.
MBBC Booth at Seattle International Bike Expo - every year!
The MBBC has a booth every year at the Seattle International Bike Expo, and volunteers from the club staff the booth over the 2-day event. We use this booth to promote bicycling in Bellingham through the Chuckanut Century, Tour de Whatcom, and other Bellingham Tourism events.
The Expo is the largest consumer bicycle show in the US, with 250+ exhibitor booths, exhibits of gear, travel, health and fitness. There are presentations and speakers throughout the weekend. It is again being held at the Seattle Cruise Terminal, 9-6 Saturday March 1st and 10-4 Sunday March 2nd.
If you'd like to volunteer to help staff the booth, you can sign up for a 2-hour shift plus entry to the Expo on that day. Contact Doug at his Chuckanut Century email address to volunteer for a shift: email@example.com - or phone 410-6431.
Yearly & Quarterly Meetings
There were some great meet-ups and events in 2013 and more as we move into 2014. The club puts on several get-togethers per year in addition to our many club bike rides.
- Our Yearly kick-off member's reception was in January 2014 and included a good overview of the year to come, as well as a gear swap and new memberships sign-up for the year.
- Meeting on March 16th (2013) featured a presentation by the Colorado touring company "Beer and Bike Tours" and also included a sample of Colorado-brewed beers.
- June 7 2013, the Friday before Bill's Hills we met in Jim's garage for a bike cleaning and tuning party "Bikes Beers and Buddies Before Bill's Hills" BBBBBH.
- Fall Quarterly Ride - Sunday November 3rd 2013 - we lucked out with a glorious sunny crisp autumn day and both mountain/trail bike ride as well as road ride around Anacortes. Other quarterly rides included New Year's Day ride, Presidents' Day Ride, Fourth of July Ride, Thanksgiving Ride, and many more!
- The MBBC has a booth every year at the Seattle International Bike Expo, and volunteers from the club staff the booth over the 2-day event. We use this booth to promote bicycling in Bellingham through the Chuckanut Century, Tour de Whatcom, and other Bellingham Tourism events.