The Mt. Baker Bicycle Club Board of Directors and Officers are:
- Marie Kimball - President
- Patti Mullin- Vice President
- Scott Dorough - Secretary
- Brian Christensen - Treasurer
- Eric Stromerson - Ride Coordinator
- open position - Events Coordinator
- at large: Marc Ambers, Ken Giffin, Bill McCourt
Special Projects: In addition to the Board of Directors' work on our club initiatives, rides, events, and projects, the following club members have stepped up to work on other initiatives.
- Chuckanut Century: Doug Schoonover
- Graphic Designer: Tim Ryan
- New Year's Day Ride: Mark Wheatley
- Seattle International Bike Expo Coordinator: Doug Schoonover
- Bellingham Bay Marathon Bike Escort Team: Greg Rehm
- Northwest Tandem Rally 2015 Committee Lead: Jennifer Longstaff
- Social Media: Greg Rehm, Jennifer Longstaff
Contact information: Marie (president): email@example.com; Chuckanut Century: chuckanutcentury at mtbakerbikeclub.org; Newsletter/website: mbbcnewsletter at mtbakerbikeclub.org.
The club is always seeking volunteers to head up a new project, lead a ride, join the board, or assist in any number of areas. Contact us for more information and to find an area where you can help and will enjoy doing so!
Join the Club!
Check our Membership Page where you can download a membership form and get membership details. See the "perks" to becoming a member as well as see how the club uses membership dues.
Our vision is for residents and visitors of all ability levels to enjoy frequent and safe cycling throughout the Whatcom County region. To carry out this vision, the club mission is to encourage safe cycling for recreation, transportation, or racing - on roads and trails - in an around Whatcom County.
Join us and help us reach our goals:
- Increase the number of people bicycling regularly by: conducting and supporting recreational and fitness bicycle events and rides and helping all types of people enjoy bicycling.
- Encourage safe and enjoyable bicycling by: educating the public on safe bicycling skills and sharing the road and communicate issues of interest to bicyclists.
- Advise decision makers on facilities and policies that maintain or improve safe bicycling conditions on roadways and trails.
- Promote bicycles as environmentally friendly transportation means.
We are the umbrella group supporting all kinds of bicycling in our region:
- Recreation: Mt. Baker Bicycle Club hosts weekly, quarterly, and a variety of annual recreation rides for members throughout the year. Rides are oriented to different levels of ability including social riders, commuters, touring, and group/speed training. Funds raised by club activities and membership dues help support training of ride leaders, which in turn provides more opportunity for new rides to be organized.
- Education: Bicycling safely is a learned skill. The Club works with everybodyBike and Whatcom SmartTrips to host bicycle-related programs at community functions, and to support beginner's rides. Encouraging bicycling is an important part of the Club's education work. Bellingham's annual Bike to Work and School Day promotion has helped hundreds of commuters "Be part of the solution" launching careers of folks bicycling to work or cycling their kids to school. Funds raised in club events help fund bicycle safety gear, such as helmets, reflectors, and lights, to be awarded to children for safe cycling to school.
- Trails: In partnership with the Whatcom Mountain Bike Coalition (WMBC), the Club helps advocate for development of a complete trail and mountain-bike network throughout Whatcom County.
- Race Training: Club training rides offer new and seasoned high-level riders the chance to improve team riding skills. Whether training for professional-class races or for endurance events or tours, these training rides give Club members the extra edge to compete and win.